Dr. Tauheed Shehbaz is a dedicated materials engineer with a strong academic background and extensive professional experience. Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering from Punjab University, a Master’s degree in the same discipline from NUST and a PhD from GIK Institute, he has consistently demonstrated a passion for advancing the field of materials science.
His journey in the realm of materials engineering began at NESCOM, where he had the privilege to contribute to cutting-edge projects and gain practical insights into materials development and testing. Subsequently, he embarked on an enriching chapter at Tawazun Precision Industries in the UAE, where he further honed his skills in precision manufacturing and quality control.
In 2015, he joined the esteemed GIK Institute, marking the beginning of an exciting tenure in academia. As an educator, he has had the privilege of sharing his knowledge and fostering the growth of young minds. Simultaneously, his pursuit of knowledge continued as he commenced his doctoral journey in Materials Engineering at GIK Institute, focusing on pioneering research in the field.
To date, he has published more than 18 impactful research articles in reputable journals with high impact factors.
- Islam M, Shehbaz T. Effect of synthesis conditions and post-deposition treatments on composition and structural morphology of medium-phosphorus electroless Ni–P films. Surface and Coatings Technology. 2011 Jun 25;205(19):4397-400.(IF: 4.865)
- Ali R, Shehbaz T, Bemporad E. Investigation on failure in thermal barrier coatings on gas turbine first-stage rotor blade. Journal of Failure Analysis and Prevention. 2018 Oct; 18:1062-72. (IF: 1.159)
- Ali R, Shehbaz T, Felicis DD, Sebastiani M, Bemporad E. Investigations into fatigue failure in e-type fastening clips used in railway tracks. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit. 2021 Aug;235(7):898-905. (IF: 1.87)
- Junaid M, Khan FN, Shahbaz T, Saleem H, Haider J. Influence of filler on the microstructure, mechanical properties and residual stresses in TIG weldments of dissimilar Titanium alloys. Acta Metallurgica Sinica (English Letters). 2021 Oct;34(10):1395-406. (IF: 3.024)
- Hassaan M, Junaid M, Shahbaz T, Ilyas M, Khan FN, Haider J. Nanomechanical response of pulsed tungsten inert gas welded titanium alloy by nanoindentation and atomic force microscopy. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance. 2021 Feb; 30:1490-503. (IF: 2.036)
- Shehbaz T, Khan FN, Junaid M, Haider J. Investigating nanoindentation creep behavior of pulsed-tig welded inconel 718 and commercially pure titanium using a vanadium interlayer. Metals. 2021 Sep 20;11(9):1492. (IF: 2.695)
- Iltaf A, Khan FN, Shehbaz T, Junaid M. Influence of filler material on the microstructure, mechanical properties, and residual stresses in tungsten inert gas welded Ti-5Al-2.5 Sn alloy joints. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications. 2021 Aug;235(8):1952-66. (IF: 2.663)
- Shehbaz T, Junaid M, Khan FN, Akbar UA, Saeed Hakeem A. Dissimilar tungsten inert gas welding between Inconel 718 and commercially pure titanium using a vanadium interlayer. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications. 2022 Apr;236(4):715-29. (IF: 2.663)
- Raza SA, Karim MR, Shehbaz T, Taimoor AA, Ali R, Khan MI. Effect of pH and Concentration on Electrochemical Corrosion Behavior of Aluminum Al-7075 T6 Alloy in NaCl Aqueous Environment. Journal of Electrochemical Science and Technology. 2022;13(2):213-26 (IF: 1.523)
- Qayyum H, Hussain G, Sulaiman M, Hassan M, Ali A, Muhammad R, Wei H, Shehbaz T, Aamir M, Altaf K. Effect of Raster Angle and Infill Pattern on the In-Plane and Edgewise Flexural Properties of Fused Filament Fabricated Acrylonitrile–Butadiene–Styrene. Applied Sciences. 2022 Dec 11;12(24):12690. (IF: 2.838)
- Shehbaz T, Junaid M, Khan FN, Haider J. Dissimilar P-TIG welding between Inconel 718 and commercially pure Titanium using niobium interlayer. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering. 2022 Dec;236(6):2311-24(IF: 1.822).
- Asif H, Khan FN, Shehbaz T, Junaid M, Baig MN. Influence of pulsed Nd: YAG laser welding power on the microstructures and nano creep behaviour of Ti5Al2.5Sn beads. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications. 2023 May;237(5):1159-71. (IF: 2.663).
- Asif H, Imran Khan M, Shehbaz T, Nawaz Khan F, Iltaf A, Junaid M. Effect of welding current on the microstructure, residual stresses, mechanical properties and nano-mechanical behaviour of P-TIG welded TiNi binary shape-memory alloy. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications. 2022 Sep;236(9):1829-41 (IF: 2.663).
- Ali M, Ratlamwala TA, Hussain G, Shehbaz T, Muhammad R, Aamir M, Giasin K, Pimenov DY. Machining of Carbon Steel under Aqueous Environment: Investigations into Some Performance Measures. Coatings. 2022 Aug 17;12(8):1203. (IF: 3.236)
- Shehbaz T, Khan FN, Junaid M, Aresh B. High through-put nanoindentation mapping and indentation creep behavior of P-TIG welded CpTi and Inconel 718 using a Nb-interlayer. Materials Today Communications. 2022 Dec 1;33:104994 (IF: 3.662)
- Ramay AZ, Shehbaz T, Khan FN, Junaid M, Iltaf A. Influence of welding current on the microstructure, mechanical properties, residual stresses, and nano-mechanical behavior of tungsten inert gas-welded dissimilar joints of Inconel 625 and Incoloy 800. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science. 2022 Jun;236(11):6077-94 (IF: 1.758)
- Shehbaz T, Khan FN, Junaid M, Haider J. Investigating the bonding mechanism of P-TIG welded CpTi/Inconel 718 dissimilar joint with Nb interlayer. Materials Letters. 2022 Apr 15;313:131748 (IF: 3.574)
- Rabbani MA, Junaid M, Shehbaz T, Khan FN. Strengthening mechanism in the dissimilar CpTi/Inconel 718 joints obtained through diffusion bonding. Materials Today Communications. 2023 Jun 1;35:105767 (IF: 3.662).
- Khan, S., Junaid, M., Khan, F.N. and Shehbaz, T., 2023, March. Determination of the Strain Energy and Stress Intensity Factors with the Crack’s Inclination under biaxial loading. In 2023 International Conference on Robotics and Automation in Industry (ICRAI)(pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Uz Zaman, A., Khan, A., Zaman, F., Khan, M.M., Farooq, U., Shehbaz, T. and Karim, M.R.A., Development and Characterization of Boron-Nitride Reinforced Nickel Matrix Composites. In MATEC Web of Conferences(Vol. 381, p. 02009). EDP Sciences.
- Shehbaz T, Massab Junaid, Fahd Nawaz Khan, Hamid Zaigham, Julfikar Haider, Relationship between microstructure and nanomechanical properties in Dissimilar Friction Stir Welded AA6061-T6 aluminum alloy and AISI 316 stainless steel. (Comprehensive Materials Processing, Second Edition)
- Huzaifa Asif, Shehbaz T, Fahd Nawaz Khan, and Massab Junaid, Effect of pulsed Nd: YAG laser welding power on the microstructures and nano creep behavior of Inconel 718 weld beads. (Comprehensive Materials Processing, Second Edition)
- Surface Engineering
- Heat treatment and processing
- Powder Metallurgy
- Phase Equilibria and Microstructure
Awards and Honors
- Member – Pakistan Engineering Council