Candidates can apply online for Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) , Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Financial Assistance (Interest Free Loan). Remaining scholarships can be applied for after joining the Institute.
Continuation of scholarships is dependent on satisfactory academic performance of the concerned student and the policies of the donor agencies.
Processing Fee can be paid online:
Account Title: GIK Institute HBL A/C No. 00427991707703 for payment in Pak Rupees (PKR).
Send Proof of the Payment (Screenshot or Receipt/Document as attachment), Admit Card Number, and Name of the Applicant via email to email@example.com. Please make sure to send the email using the same email id that you used for registration on the admissions portal.
Other than issued challan/OTC, desired payment can be deposited through HBL Internet Banking/ Mobile App, with the following pathway.
Open HBL App/Internet Banking —Click Pay -> Education -> GIKI New Admission -> Fill the Column (i.e. Admit Card, Name, Guardian/Father Name) ->Submit.
For Payment in US $:
The admission to the Bachelor Programs of the Institute is decided on the basis of candidate’s earlier educational achievements and his/her score in the admission test, which comprises multiple choice questions based on Pakistani intermediate level Physics and Mathematics and English. The Syllabus of Admission Test and a sample of such questions can be downloaded here. Syllabus – Sample Paper.
The test will be held online. General instructions for the test are intimated on Institute website. Applicants can choose the test center according to their convenience. The results of the admission test are communicated to the selected candidates online through admission website.
For the candidates applying on the basis of SAT-II, the merit will be determined by their Percentile score.
A former student of the Institute whose enrolment was cancelled due to unsatisfactory academic performance is also allowed to appear in the admission test. If selected, he/she will be enrolled in the first semester as a freshman and may not be given credit for the courses passed earlier. Any student who is currently on the roll of the Institute and wants to change the faculty is allowed to appear in the admission test. If selected he/she will not be given credits for the courses passed earlier.
The GIK Common Admissions Test (GCAT) will be taken for admission in BS Management Sciences at test centers. The GCAT will measure reading, writing, and mathematical skills with the objective to assess a candidate’s suitability for undergraduate study. Questions are designed to explore knowledge and skills acquired over a period of time, in order to compare candidates from different academic backgrounds.
Although SAT II (subject test) has been discontinued by college board, however, score earned in last two years will be accepted.
The applicants having taken Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT-II) in Physics and Mathematics (Math IIC) in place of Institute’s Admission test. Applicants have to choose only one basis for their admission i.e. GIK Institute admission test or SAT-II, an option once exercised cannot be changed. The candidates filing two separate applications on two different bases for admission are liable to be disqualified.
An applicant for transfer from a local or foreign institution is required to have passed the Institute’s admission test or SAT – II respectively by securing equal or more marks than the minimum merit of the faculty in which he/she seeks admission. However, acceptance of request for transfer will depend on availability of seats, and the quality of academic work already done by the applicant.
To send your SAT-II Score, use GIK Institute’s registered Institute Code: 0096
A person who has been enrolled for a relevant Bachelor degree program in engineering at some accredited (PEC, HEC) institution and has earned 15 or more transferable credits with minimum CGPA of 2.5 on the scale of 4, may apply to this Institute for admission with advance standing. However, the student at the GIK Institute wishing to qualify for a bachelor degree must earn a minimum of 70 credits including 6 credits of senior design project. An applicant for transfer from a local or foreign institution is required to have passed the Institute’s admission test or SAT-II respectively by securing equal to or more marks than the minimum merit of the faculty in which he/she seeks admission. Acceptance of request for transfer will depend on availability of seat, and the quality of academic work already done by the applicant. For supplementary information and application form please contact the Admission Office.
Basic Eligibility for BS Engineering Programs:
Candidates for admission must meet one of the following criteria:
1. HSSC (Pre-Engineering i.e Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
2. HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics and 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
3. A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for those applying from abroad.
4. American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with Mathematics (with Calculus), Physics and Chemistry with 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula, each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
5. Three years Diploma of Associate Engineering (DAE) in relevant technology from a Pakistani Board of Technical Education with at least 60% marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
Note: Applicant with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry background can apply for all Programs including Computer Engineering.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science and Data Science Programs for Admissions
Candidates for admission must meet one of the following criteria:
Basic Eligibility for BS Management Sciences Program
Basic Eligibility Criteria: Candidates for admission must meet one of Following Criteria:
1. HSSC (Pre-Engg), HSSC (General Science), HSSC (ICS), HSSC (Pre-Medical), HSSC (Humanities) with at least 60% overall marks.
2. A-Level in three subjects with Ds or above grades in two principal subjects and O-Level in eight subjects for local applicants and in five subjects for those applying from abroad with overall 60% or above equivalence as per IBCC formula.
3. American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with overall 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula.
Comparative Assessment Criteria (Merit List)
Criteria and Weightage:
Score in Admission Test OR SAT-II (in Mathematics and Physics for Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Programs and in any two subjects for Management Sciences Program.
SSC/O-level (for Those with A-level and O-level background) / Equivalent
Last completed qualification for High School diploma, IB diploma or B.Sc. or DAE
Candidates, who have completed one of the above qualifications and are awaiting results, may apply for provisional admission. Confirmation of admission will, however, be subject to submission of results by the date specified in the offer letter and fulfilment of the above criteria.