(We are an equal opportunity employer)
Applications are invited from well qualified and experienced persons for the following positions:
Requisite qualifications and experience are as follows:
Director (ORIC): “The Director will manage and enhance the research activities of the university, develop research policies and priorities, work for fund raising for research and other activities, mobilize faculty, business community and industry for research commercialization and serve as an effective advocate for research with the university and to its broader community of stakeholders and supporters. The candidates must have experience of strong ties with the governments, business /industry, entrepreneur, university and social communities. Should also possess proven leadership experience in managing and growing non-profit organizations.
He/she will also develop and implement the strategy and business development plans required to execute program initiatives to enhance the progress of the ORIC. The position also involves looking after operational aspects of the ORIC. He/she will work in close liaison with other organizations including, business/technology Incubators and Universities’ Science & Technology Parks (if any) and contribute to the overall objectives of the Institute.
In addition, the Director will:
· Monetize royalty streams from licenses
· Monitor department budget
· Oversee IP webpage, in conjunction with the IT Department
· Promote Institute IP success stories and utilize them to leverage commercialization efforts.
· Work for technical marketing and licensing for the
commercialization of the Institute’s IP
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal person shall have an 18 years Master’s degree (PhD degree will be given preference) and should have an entrepreneurial mindset and 10 years’ experience in relevant field.”
Director Incubation Center: GIK Institute seeks a full time Director (Incubation Center) with the following qualifications and experience:
· Responsible for the overall operations of the Incubation Center.
· Ensure the smooth functioning of the Incubation Center and be responsible to implement, monitor and evaluate the staff and participants of the Center.
· To build and create new relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
· To provide mentorship to the startups.
· To evaluate the progress of the startups.
· To organize events for the Incubation participants, such as demo days, launch pads, investors’ summits, etc.
· To coordinate with all stakeholders, i.e. incubation participants, other incubation centers, venture capitalists, angel investors, funding agencies and sponsors, etc.
· To assist the Institute in Continuous Professional Development.
· To ensure the success of the Institute’s Commitment to supporting economic development by facilitating entrepreneurship and startups.
· Commercialization of products and services developed by the startups.
· Prepare monthly progress reports for GIK Institute, quarterly reports for donors including but not limited to physical and financial progress of the project. Record minutes of meetings.
· Develop international linkages.
· Fundraising for startups and Incubation Center.
· Any other responsibility assigned by the Institute.
· Postgraduate degree (18 years’ education) from a reputed international or HEC recognized local institution in Engineering/Technology/Entrepreneurship/Business or other related field.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in a significant role in academia or industry, of which at least 3 years’ experience should include tech startups, the detail of which is given below:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT/technology and substantial corporate experience, particularly in the private sector. He/she will also have at least 3 years’ experience in tech startups, strong links with industry in the country and abroad, and venture capital and other sources of funding. Strong communication and management skills are essential.
Positions in Computing Programs
Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Lecturer in Faculty of Computer Sciences & Engineering: Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Cyber Security and Computer Engineering: (Specialization in Computer graphics/3d animations/Game Development, Python Programming, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Stochastic Learning, System on Chip, Embedded Systems, Robotics, Cloud Computing, Signal Processing, Internet of Things, Theoretical Computer Science, Block chain/DevOps, Cloud Computing & Database Management Systems, Network Architecture and Protocols, Digital Forensics, Ethical Hacking, Modern Cryptography and Cyber Risk Management). Certifications like, CompTia A+, Network+, or Security+ would be a plus.
Requisite qualifications and experience for Faculty is as follows:
PhD in the relevant discipline from a recognized university by HEC in consultation with PEC with six (6) years’ service as Associate Professor and 15 research publications with at-least 5 in the last 5 years, in impact factor journals or 11 years post PhD teaching and research experience and 15 research publications with at-least 5 in the last 5 years, in impact factor journals. Two years industrial experience in an organization of international repute will be considered equivalent to one year of teaching and research experience in the university.
Candidates for Professorship must have demonstrated that their research achievement have had a recognized impact on the advancement of knowledge in their subject area(s).
PhD in the relevant discipline from a recognized university by HEC in consultation with PEC with five (5) years post PhD experience as Assistant Professor and 10 research publications with at-least 4 in the last 5 years, in impact factor journals. Two years industrial experience in an organization of international repute will be considered equivalent to one year of teaching and research experience in the university. The applicant should have demonstrated the capability to conduct Independent and original research.
PhD in the relevant field from HEC recognized University / Institution, preferably with some publications in refereed journals of international repute. The applicant should have demonstrated the capability to conduct independent and original research.
Master’s Degree/ (First Class) in the relevant field from HEC recognized University / Institution with no 3rd Division in the Academic career.
GIK offers attractive salary package and fringe benefits / facilities and salary is negotiable in suitable cases. Interested candidates should send their applications online at https://giki.edu.pk/jobs by 18th August, 2023. (Salary is negotiable based upon credentials).
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for the interviews. The selected candidate will become part of one of the Centers of Excellence of the country in the field of engineering sciences and technology.
GIK Institute, Topi-23640, Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,
Ph: 0938-281026 Ext: 2442