(we are an equal opportunity employer)
Applications are invited from qualified PEC registered persons (where applicable) for the following positions:
Positions are available in the following disciplines:
· Faculty of Computer Sciences & Engineering: Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Cyber Security and Computer Engineering: (Specialization in Computer graphics/3d animations/Game Development, Python Programming, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Stochastic Learning, System on Chip, Embedded Systems, Robotics, Cloud Computing, Signal Processing, Internet of Things, Theoretical Computer Science, Block chain/DevOps, Cloud Computing & Database Management Systems, Network Architecture and Protocols, Digital Forensics, Ethical Hacking, Modern Cryptography and Cyber Risk Management). Certifications like, CompTia A+, Network+, or Security+ would be a plus.
· Civil Engineering: (Specialization in Geotechnical Engineering and Water Resources, preferably expertise in Computational Modeling, Computational fluid dynamics or Hydrological simulator and modeling. The Candidates must have undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Civil Engineering).
· Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering: (Specialization in Thermo-Fluids, Mechatronics Control Systems and Design & Manufacturing).
· Materials Engineering: (Specialization in Materials Sciences, Manufacturing and Nano-mechanical characterization)
· School of Management Sciences:
a. (Specialization in Accounting & Finance, Marketing & Entrepreneurship, Applied Economics & Management, Quantitative Methods & Simulations)
b. (Specialization in English, Pakistan Studies & Islamiyat, Sociology & Human Behavior, Corporate Law and Professional Ethics)
· Electrical Engineering: (Specialization in Electrical Machines & Drives and Industrial Control & Automation or relevant areas).
REQUISITE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
PhD in the relevant discipline from a recognized university by HEC in consultation with PEC with six (6) years’ service as Associate Professor and 15 research publications with at-least 5 in the last 5 years, in impact factor journals or 11 years post PhD teaching and research experience and 15 research publications with at-least 5 in the last 5 years, in impact factor journals. Two years industrial experience in an organization of international repute will be considered equivalent to one year of teaching and research experience in the university.
Candidates for Professorship must have demonstrated that their research achievement have had a recognized impact on the advancement of knowledge in their subject area(s).
PhD in the relevant discipline from a recognized university by HEC in consultation with PEC with five (5) years post PhD experience as Assistant Professor and 10 research publications with at-least 4 in the last 5 years, in impact factor journals. Two years industrial experience in an organization of international repute will be considered equivalent to one year of teaching and research experience in the university. The applicant should have demonstrated the capability to conduct Independent and original research.
PhD in the relevant field from HEC recognized University / Institution, preferably with some publications in refereed journals of international repute. The applicant should have demonstrated the capability to conduct independent and original research.
Master’s Degree/ (First Class) in the relevant field from HEC recognized University / Institution with no 3rd Division in the Academic career.
GIK offers attractive salary packages and fringe benefits / facilities. Interested candidates should send their applications online at https://giki.edu.pk/jobs by July 9, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for the interviews.
The selected candidates will become part of one of the Centers of Excellence of the country in the fields of engineering sciences and technology.
GIK Institute, Topi-23640, Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,
Ph: 0938-281026 Ext: 2442