The QEC Committee has, so far, held 12 meetings in order to discuss and monitor quality parameters as per HEC manual.
1. IPE Review Committee of Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), HEC visited Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences & Technology, Topi for Institutional Performance Evaluation to promote good governance and to enhance state of quality in Higher Education Institutions on 28 to 30 November 2018.
2. A Program Review Committee of Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), HEC visited Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences & Technology, Topi for Program Review of MS/ M.Phil. & PhD programs on November 29th, 2018.
3. Mr. Afsar Zaman, Data Analyst-QEC attended 2nd National Level Seminar on “Promoting Quality Culture in HEIs”organized by University of Wah on 10th May 2018.
4. Coordinator QEC, Dr. Khalid Rehman and AD QEC, Ms. Gul Afroze attended the Progress Review Meeting of Quality Enhancement Cells a 02 Day Activity of Heads of QECs on 18-19 April, 2018 at Margala Hotel, Islamabad
5.Ms. Gul Afroze, AD QEC attended a 2 days US certified EOMS Professional training 1st Time in Pakistan (the new “Management Systems for Higher Educational Organizations – Requirements with Guidance for use” (ISO 21001)) on Friday – Saturday March 09-10, 2018
6. Prof. Dr. Jameel-Un Nabi, Pro- Rector (Academic)/Convener QEC, delivered a key note lecturer and acknowledged the efforts and contribution towards excellent teaching of GIK Institute faculty members in last two consecutive semesters on Wednesday, 7th March 2018 at Conference Room of AHA Auditorium
7. A one day seminar on “Quality Assurance of MS/PhD Program from Internal and External Quality Assurance Perspectives” by Mr. Farrukh Idrees, Manager, Directorate of Quality Assurance, FAST-NUCES Islamabad was conducted at GIK Institute, Topi on 16th January, 2018.
1. Ms. Gul Afroze, AD QEC and Mr. Afsar Zaman, Data Analyst QEC attended the 1st International Conference on “Quality Assurance at Higher Education” organized by Khyber Medical University Peshawar on December 18-19, 2017 at KMU, Peshawar.
2. Two Faculties of GIK Institute, Faculty Electronic Engineering and the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering for their high academic standards adopting “Outcome Based Education” or, OBE System, which greatly facilitated Pakistan’s membership of the Washington Accord. 21/6/2017
3. One day Hands-on Workshop for Engineering Faculty on Design Course Teaching Engineering Students by Prof. Dr. Abul Fazal Arif and Dr. Mobeen Shoukat, KFUPM, KSA was conducted at GIK Institute, Topi, on April 06, 2017.
4. Dr Khalid Rehman, Assistant Professor FME will deliver a training seminar on OBE to all the faculty members/TAs and GAs in FME conference on Friday 6th January 2017
5. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), visitation team along with Washington Accord officials Mr. Basil Wakelin, Mr. Colin Peter Smith and Dr. Jung Soo Kim visited GIK Institute from 23rd to 26th November, 2016 for Accreditation visit of Mechanical Engineering and Electronic Engineering Programs according to PEC Accreditation Manual 2014 OBA guidelines.
6. Engr. Prof. Dr. Saeed ur Rahman SS-CARE (CASE Islamabad) convener PEC, along with the PEC delegation visited GIK Institute for the Accreditation of BS Electronic Engineering and BS Mechanical Engineering program according to (PEC Accreditation Manual 2014 OBA guidelines) on 12th November, 2016.
7. Dr. Zulfiqar Khan, Bournemouth University United Kingdom will deliver Special Seminar on “Significance of Multidisciplinary Research” at GIK Institute on 02 December 2016.
8. Dr. Gazan Bozai, President & CEO, SSDII, USA will deliver Special Seminar on “ The New Frontiers in Higher Education at GIK Institute on 21 November, 2016.
9. Quality Enhancement Cell Organizing a one day Workshop on Continous Professional Development Program (CPD) by DR. ARIF IQBAL RANA (LUMS) at GIK Institute on 22/6/2016.
10. Quality Awareness Seminar was conducted on 29th March, 2016 (11:45 – 12:45) by Dr. Zahid Halim at FCSE Conference Room. All Deans/Faculty Members and Program Teams attended the awareness seminar.
11. One day International Workshop on Outcome Based Education (OBE) by Prof. Dr. Abul Fazal Arif, KFUPM KSA. It was an advisory visit arranged by QEC team from January 13 – 15, 2016.
12. A training session on “OBE/OBA, SAR/SAP, have been arranged by QEC-GIKI for the Faculty members , Teaching Assistants, and Graduate Assistants for FCSE and MSH on 02 September, 2015
13. A training session on “OBE/OBA, SAR/SAP, have been arranged by QEC-GIKI for the Faculty members , Teaching Assistants, and Graduate Assistants for FEE and FES on 26 August, 2015
14. A training session on “OBE/OBA, SAR/SAP, have been arranged by QEC-GIKI for the Faculty members , Teaching Assistants, and Graduate Assistants for FMSE and FME on 25 August, 2015
15. A quality session with Deans and HoD MSH by Dr. Zahid Halim Coordinator QEC on OBE and PEC requirement was held on Tuesday, 18 August 2015 in office of the Pro-Rector (Academic).
16. QEC, GIKI participated in the Video Conference Seminar on “Developing a Systematic Internal Quality Assurance System” by Dr. Abdul Wahid Usmani, King Saud University, Riyadh. Which is to be held at HEC Regional Centre Karachi on 13 August, 2015.
17. Dr. Zahid Halim, Coordinator QEC gave presentation on Outcome Based Education at Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Departments at FAST-National University on 4th May, 2015.
18. Dr. Khalid Rehman, FME / Member ASC delivered 50 minutes talk at FES Conference Room on Outcome Based Education on 27th April, 2015
19. Prof. Dr. Fazal Ahmad Khalid conducted a seminar regarding the “Implementation of OBE system at GIKI” on 22nd Oct, 2014 at Main Lecture Hall, FMSE.
20. Professor Dr. Fazal Ahmad Khalid delivered a Seminar on “Adoption of Outcome Based Education and Assessment” at AHA Auditorium, GIK Institute on 28th November, 2014.
21. Prof. Azlan Abdul Aziz, Malaysian expert along with the PEC delegation visited GIK Institute for the implementation of Outcome Based Education system on 5th-6th December, 2014.
22. Prof. Dr. Fazal Ahmad Khalid, SI Pro Rector (A) conducted a seminar on Outcome Based Education (OBE) on 8th December, 2014 in AHA Auditorium.
The QEC Committee has, so far, held 11 meetings in order to discuss and monitor quality parameters as per HEC manual.
The QEC Committee has so far held 8 meetings in order to discuss and monitor quality parameters as per HEC manual.
M. Wisal Khalil
Ph: 0938 281026 ext. 2261
Dr. Asad Mahmood
Assistant Professor / Coordinator
Ph: 0938 281026 ext. 2285
Ms. Gul Afroze
Assistant Director QEC
Ph: 0938 281026 ext. 2411
Mr. Afsar Zaman
Data Analyst QEC
Ph: 0938 281026 ext. 2711