HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
Associate fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
Optoelectronics Research Group
The main research area(s) of Optoelectronics Research Group include:
Modeling, simulation, and experimental characterization of optoelectronic devices including transmitters (LED, LD, VCSEL), Modulators (MZM, Phase Modulator), Receivers (pin photodiode, avalanche photodiode), Solar cells (heterojunction, perovskite, quantum dot).
- Dr. Usman Habib (email@example.com) (Group Lead)
- Dr. Nasir Javed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs. Nadia Anwar (PhD student) (email@example.com)
- Ms. Syeda Wageeha Shakir (MS student) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. Iqra Anjum (MS student) (email@example.com)
- Ms. Anum Ali (MS student) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Supervised Postgraduate Student:
- Mrs. Nadia Anwar (PhD in-progress with research on Perovskite solar cells and Photodetectors)
- S. Wageeha Shakir (MS in-progress with research on UV LDs)
- Iqra Anjum (MS in-progress) with research on IR LEDs)
- Anum Ali (MS in-progress with research on Red LEDs)
- U. Habib. A.E. Aighobahi, T. Quinlan and N.J. Gomes, “Analog RoF Supported Increased RAU Spacing for 60GHz Distributed MIMO employing Spatial Diversity and Multiplexing”, IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology (IEEE Journal, I.F 4.2), Vol. 36 (19), April 2018, pp. 4354-4360.
- U. Habib, M. Steeg, A. Stohr and N.J.Gomes, “Single RoF link and RF chain based 60GHz Multi-beam Transmission”, IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology (IEEE Journal, I.F 4.2), Vol. 37 (9), Jan 2019, pp.1974-1980.
- U. Habib, B.G. Kim and Y.C.Chung, “RF-chirp phase dither for MPI mitigation in RoF-based 5G mobile fronthaul networks”, Optics Express, (OSA Journal, I.F 3.7), Vol. 28(21), Aug 2020, pp.32002-32009.
- Wang, U. Habib, Z. Yan, J. Wang, N.J. Gomes, Q. Sui, L. Zhan and C. Wang, “Highly Efficient Optical Beam Steering Using an In-Fiber Diffraction Grating for Full Duplex Indoor Optical Wireless Communication”, IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology (IEEE Journal, I.F 4.2), Vol. 36 (19), April 2018, pp. 4618-4625
- Irfan, U. Habib, F. Muhammad, F. Ali, A.S. Alwadie and W. Glowacz, “Optical-Interference Mitigation in Visible Light Communication for Intelligent Transport Systems Applications”, MDPI Energies (ISI, SCIE, IET Inspec indexed IF 2.7),, Vol. 13(19), 2020, p.5064.
- I Ahmad, S Ullah, S Ullah, U Habib, S Ahmad, A Ghaffar, “Design and Analysis of a Photonic Crystal Based Planar Antenna for THz Applications”, MDPI Electronics (IET, JCR, Scopus, SCI I.F 2.41, Vol. 10 (16), Aug 2021, pp.1941
- Ali, M. Fazal, U. Habib, M. Yusuf and M. Usman, “Modeling and Minimization of FWM Effects in DWDM based Long-Haul Optical Communication Systems”, Photonic Network Communications Journal (Springer), JCR, Scopus, SCI I.F 1.125, Vol. 39 (4), August 2020.
- Selected Topics in Photonics Engineering (ES698) – Graduate Course
- Optoelectronics (ES474)
- Introduction to Photonics (ES334) with lab (ES334L)
- Electrical Network Analysis (EE212/ES214)
- Circuit Analysis (EE211/ES211) with lab (ES211L)
- Differential Equation and Linear Algebra (MT102)
- Calculus II (MT201)
- Calculus I (MT101)
Selected Final Year Projects:
- Design of Motor Controller and Optical Sensor Network for EVs (2022/23, Won Faculty’s 1st Prize at the Industrial Open House 2023). Project was done in collaboration with NIE and DICE Foundation.
- Performance Analysis of NOMA-based OFDM-Visible Light Communication System (2023/24, in progress)
- Blind Equalization of OFDM based Radio-over-fiber transmission (2023/24, in progress)