Dr. Umar Farooq has obtained his MS & Ph.D. degrees in Industrial and Systems Engineering from, 2012–2017,
Dongguk University, Seoul, South Korea. His research work was related to the intelligent supply chain traceability systems. Utilized Radio frequency identification (RFID) and electronic pedigree for the supply chain systems monitoring. He has Bachelor of Science(BS) in Industrial Engineering, 2004–2009, from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
1. Farooq, U.; Tao, W.; Alfian, G.; Kang, Y.-S.; Rhee, J. ePedigree Traceability System for the Agricultural Food Supply Chain to Ensure Consumer Health. Sustainability 2016, 8, 839. Volume 8, pp-839. Doi:10.3390/su8090839
2. Farooq, U.; Alfian, G.; Rhee, J.; Ahn, H.; Ijaz, F.; M. Alex, Syaekhoni.; Lee, J. Integration of RFID, Wireless sensor networks, and data mining in an e-pedigree food traceability system. Journal of Food Engineering, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2017.05.008
3. Farooq, U.; Alfian, G.; M. Alex, Syaekhoni.; Ahn, H.; Rhee, J. A Centralized e-pedigree system for Agriculture Food Distribution Network. Proceedings of Joint Conference of Journal of Industrial Engineering, May 2014, South Korea. www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/ArticleDetail/NODE02412243
4. Alfian, G.; Farooq, U.; Rhee, J. Ant Colony Optimization for Relocation Problem in Carsharing. Proceedings of Joint Conference of Journal of Industrial Engineering, May 2013, South Korea. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Journal/ArticleDetail/NODE02381889
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Associated Organizer in the “1st International Conference on Assessing Quality in Higher Education” held at 11-13 Dec 2006 in Lahore Pakistan.
• Organizer in the “Twenty-Eighth International Conference on Industrial engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems, IEA/IE 2015” held on 10-12 June 2015 in Seoul, South Korea.
• Completed a short course on Lean Manufacturing tool “KAIZEN TOOLS OF CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT” on January 2012 from PIM (Pakistan Institute of Management) Lahore, Pakistan.
• Participated in a long course from 2004-2009 and attained a certificate of “Professional Development” from Institute of Quality and Technology Management, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.