Dr S. Zameer Abbas is serving as Assistant Professor in FMCE. His research interests are in the field of development and characterization of advanced engineering materials (bulk metallic glass, magnetic shape memory alloys, high entropy alloys) and metal matrix composites. His current research is focused on the development and characterization of Fe based bulk metallic glasses and high entropy alloys. He is also an active participant in the operation and management of faculty research laboratories like SEM lab.
- “Fe–TiB2 composites produced through casting technique”, Zameer Abbas, Materials Science and Technology, March 2020 (DOI: 10.1080/02670836.2019.1705038).
- “Effect of Chromium-Doping on Structure and Opto-electronics Properties of Nanostructured Indium Tin Oxide Thin Films”, R. Ali, M. Hanif, S. Abdul Basit, Zameer Abbas, M. R. Abdul Karim1, M. Arshad and S. H. Ali Ahmad, Applied Physics A, 128 (2022).
- “Elimination of solidification shrinkage defects in the casting of aluminum alloy”, R. Ali, M. Zafar, T. Manzoor, W. Y. Kim, M. U. Rashid, Zameer Abbas, B. Ahmed Zai, M. Ali, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 36 (2022) 2345-2353. DOI 10.1007/s12206-022-0416-z.
- “Effect of Zirconium Oxide Reinforcement on Microstructural, Electrochemical, and Mechanical Properties of TiNi Alloy Produced via Powder Metallurgy Route”, S. A. Raza, M. I. Khan, M. R. A. Karim, R. Ali, M. U. Naseer, Zameer Abbas, M. Ahmad, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology, 143 (2021) 041009-1-13. DOI: 10.1115/1.4051308.
- “Effect of Au additions on the structure and properties of (Fe0.5Co0.5)71Nb4Si5B20 bulk metallic glass” , S. Zameer Abbas, Rashid Ali, Fazal Ahmad Khalid, Kamran Amir Khan & Muhammad Abdul Rehman, Journal of Materials Science and Technology, 2019, DOI: 10.1080/02670836.2019.1565082.
- “Indentation fracture toughness behavior of FeCo-based bulk metallic glass intrinsic composites”, S. Zameer Abbas, F. Ahmad Khalid, and H. Zaigham, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 457 (2017) 86–92.
- “Indentation and deformation behavior of FeCo-based bulk metallic glass alloys”, S. Zameer Abbas, F. Ahmad Khalid, and H. Zaigham, Materials Science & Engineering A 654 (2016) 426–435.
- “Effect of Copper and Zirconium Addition on Properties of Fe-Co-Si-B-Nb Bulk Metallic Glasses”, Haris Ikram, Fazal Ahmad Khalid, Muhammad Akmal, and S. Zameer Abbas, JMEP, ASM, June (2017).
- “Characterization and properties of ferromagnetic shape memory alloys”, F. Ahmad Khalid, S. Zameer Abbas, Materials Characterization 62 (2011), 1134 – 1140.
- “Aging Response to Microstructure and Properties of Ferromagnetic Shape Memory Alloys”, M. B. Bhatty, S. Zameer Abbas, F. Ahmad Khalid, Advanced Materials Research 326 (2011), 81-87.
- “Elastic layered rubbergraphene composite fabricated by rubbing-in technology for the multi-functional sensors”, Kh. S. Karimov, Zubair Ahmad, M. Imran Khan, Khalid J. Siddiqui, T. A. Qasuria, S. Zameer Abbas, M. Usman, Aziz-Ur Rehman, Heliyon 5 (2019) e01187.
- “Surface-Type Nonvolatile Electric Memory Elements Bases on Organic-on-Organic CuPc-H2Pc Heterojunction”, Khasan S. Karimov, Zubair Ahmad, Farid Touati, M. Mahroof-Tahir, M. Muqeet Rehman, S Zameer Abbas, Chinese Physics B, Vol. 24, No. 11 (2015) 116102
- “Nickel Phthalocyanine Based Organic Photo Transistor: Effect of Semiconductor Film Thickness”, Kh. S. Karimov, M. M. Ahmed, Fatima Noshin, M. Saleem, M. M. Tahir, S. A. Moiz, Kh. M. Akhmedov, M. S. Zahid, S. Z. Abbas, A. Rashid, The European Physical Journal Applied Physics, Sept (2015).
- “Copper phthalocyanine and metal free phthalocyanine bulk heterojunction for temperature sensing”, Amjad Farooq, Kh. S. Karimov, Fazal Wahab, Taimoor Ali, S. Zameer Abbas , Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials 05/2015; 17(5-6):822-826
- “Nickel phthalocynanine – metal Schottky diode as photodetector“, khasan s. Karimov, S. A. Moiz, M Mahroof Tahir, Nisar Ahmed, Rana Tariq, S. Z. Abbas, Q. Zafar, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials 11/2014; 16(11-12).
- “Silicon Based Thermoelectric Cells with Built in Solar Cells and CNT Composite Based Thermoelectric Cells for Measurement of Gradient of Temperature”, Kh.S.Karimov, Muhammad Abid, Cheong Kuan Yew, Nisar Ahmed, Muhammad Mehran Bashir, Zameer Abbas, Advanced Materials Research 08/2014; 1024:385 – 392. DOI:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.1024.385
- “Orange dye-polyaniline composite based impedance humidity sensors”, Muhammad Tariq Saeed Chani, Kh.S. Karimov, F. Ahmad Khalid, S. Zameer Abbas, Chinese Physics B, vol.22, no.1 (2013).
- “Opto-electronic properties of ITO/CuPc/NiPc/Al and ITO/NiPc/CuPc/Al double junction cells” Kh. S. Karimov, I. Qazi, M-MahroofTahir, I Murtaza, T. Amin, S. Z. Abbas. 6th International Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEENG 2008, Egypt.
- High Entropy Alloys
- Bulk Metallic Glasses
- Metal Matrix Composites
HEC Funded Research Projects
- High Entropy Bulk Metallic Glasses and Related Materials (Starting)
- Fe based Bulk Metallic Glasses (Completed)
- Advanced Materials
- Composite Materials
- Joining of Materials
- Smart and Functional Materials