Ph.D. in Transportation Sciences Sep 2016 – June 2020
School of Transportation Sciences, Hasselt University, Belgium
Thesis Title: Informational Interventions to Promote Pro-environmental Activity Travel Behaviour
M.Sc. in Transportation Engineering Aug 2011 – Feb 2013
University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Thesis Title: Influence of different additives on reclaimed asphalt pavement materials at varying environmental conditions
B.Sc. In Civil Engineering Aug 2007 – June 2011
University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Thesis Title: Experimental study to assess the rut potential of conventional and PMB asphalt mixes at different evironmental conditions
Journal Contributions (Cumulative Impact Factor = 13.89)
- Ahmed, S., Adnan, M., Janssens, D., & Wets, G. (2020). A personalized mobility based intervention to promote pro-environmental travel behavior. Sustainable Cities and Society, 62. doi:10.1016/j.scs.2020.102397 (IF 5.27)
- Adnan, M., Outay, F., Ahmed, S., Brattich, E., di Sabatino, S., & Janssens, D. (2020). Integrated agent-based microsimulation framework for examining impacts of mobility-oriented policies. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. doi:10.1007/s00779-020-01363-w (IF 1.9)
- Ahmed, S., Adnan, M., Janssens, D., & Wets, G. (2020). A route to school informational intervention for air pollution exposure reduction. Sustainable Cities and Society, 53. doi:10.1016/j.scs.2019.101965 (IF 4.5)
- Ahmed, S., Adnan, M., Janssens, D., Brattich, E., Yasar, A.-u.-H., Kumar, P., Shakshuki, E. M. (2018). Estimating pro-environmental potential for the development of mobility-based informational intervention: a data-driven algorithm. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. doi:10.1007/s00779-018-1187-5 (IF 1.9)
- 5. Ahmed, S., Ali, F., & Khan, K. M. (2013). Evaluation of moisture sensitivity of various asphalt mix. Technical Journal, University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Volume 18, Jan-June 2013 Edition, (ISSN 1813-1786)
- Ali, F., Khan, K. M., Pasha, G., Ahmed, S., Mehmood, I. (2013). Skid Resistance evaluation of Aggregates from Pakistan and Afghanistan. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research IJSER Volume 4, Issue5, May 2013 Edition (ISSN 2229-5518).
- Khan, K. M., Ahmed, S., Ali, F., Sultan, T. (2013). Influence of Different Additives on Cold Recycled Mixes at Environmental Conditions of Pakistan. Life Sci J 2013;10(1):1862-1868. (ISSN:1097-8135). http://www.lifesciencesite.com. 267 (IF 0.158)
- Khan, K. M., Ali, F., Ahmed, S., Sultan, T. (2013). Experimental study to compare the effects of Gradation, Additives and Filler Materials on performance of CIR Mixes. Life Sci J 2013;10(4s):176-184. (ISSN: 1097- 8135). http://www.lifesciencesite.com.27 (IF 0.158)
- Adnan, M., Ahmed, S., Shakshuki, E. M., & Yasar, A.-U.-H. (2019). Determinants of Pro-Environmental Activity-Travel Behavior Using GPS-Based Application and SEM Approach. Procedia Computer Science, 160, 109-117. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2019.09.450
- Ahmed, S., Adnan, M., Janssens, D., Yasar, A.-u.-H., & Wets, G. (2018). Air Quality Based Informational Intervention Framework To Promote Healthy And Active School Travel. Paper presented at the The 9th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN-2018) / The 8th International Conference on Current and Future Trends of Information and Communication Technologies in Healthcare (ICTH-2018) / Affiliated Workshops, Leuven, Belgium.
- Ahmed, S., Adnan, M., Janssens, D., Yasar, A.-u.-H., Kumar, P., & Shakshuki, E. M. (2018). Pro-Environmental Potential in Activity-Travel Routine of Individuals: A Data Driven Computational Algorithm. Paper presented at the 9th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies, ANT-2018, Porto, Portugal.
- Ali, F., Ahmed, S., Khan, K. M. (2012). To Investigate the Polishing Value and Skid Resistance of Aggregates from Different Quarries. 2nd International Multidisciplinary Conference Towards Better Pakistan SUIT Peshawar, Pakistan, September 24 – 25, 2012
Research / Workshop Supervised
Master Thesis Supervision
- Estimation of Traffic Emissions of Various Scenarios of the Proposed Rerouting Scheme along EDSA, Metro Manila, Philippines; September; 2018 – June, 2019 http://hdl.handle.net/1942/29513
- Impact Assessment of Latin NCAP on the Safety Performance of Cars in Latin America; September, 2019 – June, 2020
Master Internship Supervision
- Influence of Air Quality and Meteorological Conditions on Individual’s Travel Behavior; September 17th, 2018 –November 30th, 2018
Organized iSCAPE Summer Schools in Hasselt, Belgium
- Topic: Air Quality Sensing and Approaches for Mitigation using Smart Solutions and Citizen Engagement, September 17-18, 2018 and September 16-17, 2019
Organized iSCAPE Citizen Science Workshops in Hasselt, Belgium
- Theme: Air Quality Monitoring and Passive Control Using Citizen Kits, November 12th , 2018 and December 3rd , 2018
Physical Geology CV230
Transportation Engineering CV341
iSCAPE Project Meeting & Final Day Event, Dublin, Ireland
- Topic: Smart Control of air pollution in Europe, November 4-6, 2019.
POLIS Conference 2019, Modal choice in a multimodal transport system, Brussels
- Topic: New mobility services in a multimodal transport system, May 9, 2019.
ERTRAC Annual Conference 2019, L’Arsenal, 950 Chaussée de Wavre, 1040 Brussels
- Topic: Road Transport Research towards “Horizon Europe”, April 4, 2019.
Research Seminar, Technical University Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Topic: Path complexity for observed and predicted bicyclist routes, March 14, 2019.
iSCAPE General Assembly Meeting, Bottrop, Germany
- Topic: Adapting to climate change and improving urban air quality, September 19-20, 2018.
Track and flow final conference, Flagey, Place Sainte-Croix, 1050 Brussels
- Topic: Decongesting Europe: New Approaches to free over cities, March 13-14, 2018.
Research Seminar by Jonathon Passmore, Technical Lead Violence and Injury Prevention, World Health Organization, Western Pacific Region, Philippines
- Topic: Road safety in low- and middle-income countries, March 8, 2018.
3-day course organized by Flanders Training Network for Methodology and statistics (FLAMES)
- Topic: Theory and practice of questionnaire construction and analysis, December 12-14, 2016.