- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Tae Hyun Nam, Shuichi Miyazaki. Acta Materialia 2012; 60:5900-13 (impact factor: 4.2): Formation of nanoscaled precipitates and their effects on the high-temperature shape-memory characteristics of a Ti50Ni15Pd25Cu10 alloy:
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Yuki Namigata, Tae Hyun Nam, Shuichi Miyazaki. Acta Materialia 2013; 61:4794-4810 (impact factor: 4.2) Combined effects of work hardening and precipitation strengthening on the cyclic stability of TiNiPdCu based high temperature shape memory alloys.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Tae Hyun Nam, Shuichi Miyazaki. Journal of Alloys and compounds 2013; 577S:S383-S387. (Impact factor: 2.4): Effect of Cu addition on the high temperature shape memory properties of Ti50Ni25Pd25 alloy.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, F Ahmad Khalid, Shuichi Miyazaki. Journal of Alloys and compound; 599:212–218. (Impact factor: 2.4) Effect of cold rolling ratio on the nanoscaled precipitation behavior of TiNiPdCu based high temperature shape memory alloys.
- Masamine Imahashi, M. Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Materials Science & Engineering-A; 602:19–24. (Impact factor: 2.3) The effect of Pd content on microstructure and shape-memory properties of Ti–Ni–Pd–Cu alloys.
- Saif ur Rehman, Mushtaq Khan, A. Nusair Khan, M. Imran Khan, Liaqat Ali, Syed Husain Imran Jaffery. Journal of Alloys and compounds; 599:212–218. (Impact factor: 2.4) Effect of precipitation hardening and thermomechanical training on microstructure and shape memory properties of Ti50Ni15Pd25Cu10 high temperature shape memory alloys.
- M. Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki, A Review of TiNiPdCu based alloy system, a promising option for high temperature shape memory applications, , Shape Memory and Superelasticity, 2015, DOI 10.1007/s40830-015-0019-y.
- Saif haider Kayani, M. Imran Khan, Fazal Ahmad Khalid, Hee Young kim, Shuichi Miyazaki, Shap. Mem. Superelasticity, ASM International 2015; Precipitation Behaviour of Thermo-mechanically Treated TiNiAuCu HTSMAs. DOI 10.1007/s40830-015-0048-6.
- Yuki Namigata, Yuki Hattori, M.Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki, Special issue on New Aspoects of Martensitic Transformations, Materials Transections, 2016; Enhancement of Shape Memory Properties Through Precipitation Hardening in a Ti-Rich TiNiPd high Temperature Shape Memory Alloy.
- M Akmal, A Raza, M Mudasser Khan, M. Imran Khan, M Asif Hussain , Materials Science and Engineering C, 2016 (Article in Press); Effect of Nano-Hydroxyapetite Reinforcement in Mechanicallly Alloyed TiNi Composites for Bioimplants.
- S. Khan, G. Hussain, M. Ilyas, H. Rashid, M.I. Khan, Wasim A khan, Appropriate heat treatment and incremental forming route to produce age-hardened components of Al-2219 alloy with minimized form error and high formability, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volume 256, June 2018, Pages 262-273.
- Rashid Ali, Marco Renzelli, M.Imran Khan, Marco Sebastiani, Edoardo Bemporad, Effects of Residual Stress Distribution on Interfacial Adhesion of Magnetron Sputtered AlN and AlN/Al Nanostructured Coatings on a (100) Silicon Substrate, Nanomaterials 2018, 8 (11), 896.
- S. Karimov, Zubair Ahmad, M. Imran Khan, Khalid J. Siddiqui, T. A. Qasuria, S. Zameer Abbas, M. Usman, Aziz-Ur Rehman, Elastic layered rubber-graphene composite fabricated by rubbing-in technology for the multi-functional sensors, Volume 5, Issue 1, January 2019, Article e01187, Heliyon 5 (2019) e01187.
- Hongyu Wei, Muhammad Tariq, Ghulam Hussain, Imran Khan, Muhammad Imran Khan, Wasim A. Khan, Butt Joining of Bi-Layered Aluminum Sheets through Friction Stir Welding: Tensile Stresses, Bending Stresses, Residual Stresses, and Fractrography, 27 March 2019, by MDPI, Metals, Volume 9; doi:10.3390/met9040384.
- Tahseen Qasuria, Noshin Fatima, Khasan Karimov, Muhammad Imran Khan, Poles apart gravity based planar organic multifunctional sensor using cobalt (II) phthalocyanine, Article reference: MRX-114146.R1, Materials research express, 2019
- S. Karimov, N. Fatima, K. J. Siddiqui and M. I. Khan, Elastic thermoelectric cells fabricated by rubbing-in technology with rubber-CNT/Graphene composites Journal: Materials Science for Energy Technologies, 2019.
- Syed Abbas Raza, Abdul Wadood, Malik Hassan, Ihtasham ul Haq, Muhammad Imran Khan, Ramzan Abdul Karim, Effect of Various Thermal Treatments and Cu Contents on Precipitation Mechanism, Martensitic Growth, and Cold Workability of Ti50Ni50-xCux Ternary Shape Memory Alloys, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-020-05415-3, published online: 5 Jan 2021.
- R. Abdul Karim, S. A. Raza, E. U. Haq, K. I. Khan, A. A. Taimoor, M. I. Khan, M. Pavese, P. Fino, Electrochemical and thermo mechanical behavior of nickel-graphene oxide (2-4L GO) nano-composite coatings, Ms. No. APYA-D-20-02430R1, Applied Physics A, 2021.
- Abbas Raza, M. Imran Khan, M. Ramzan Abdul Karim, Rashid Ali, M. Umair Naseer, S. Zameer Abbas, Mairaj Ahmad, Effect of Zirconium Oxide Reinforcement on Microstructural, Electrochemical, and Mechanical Properties of TiNi Alloy Produced via Powder Metallurgy Route, J. Eng. Mater. Technol. Oct 2021, 143(4): 041009.
- Muhammad Ramzan Abdul Karim, Syed Abbas Raza, Muhammad Imran Khan, Abu Bakar Tahir, Ehsan Ul Haq, Matteo Pavese, Electrodeposition of nickel–graphene nanoplatelets (GNPs) composite coatings and evaluation of their morphological, electrochemical, and thermo‑mechanical properties, Applied Physics A (2022) 128:513.
- Syed Abbas Raza, Muhammad Ramzan Abdul Karim, Tauheed Shehbaz, Aqeel Ahmad Taimoor, Rashid Ali, Muhammad Imran Khan, Effect of pH and Concentration on Electrochemical Corrosion Behavior of Aluminum Al-7075 T6 Alloy in NaCl Aqueous Environment, Journal of Electrochemical Science and Technology 2022;13(2):213-226.
- Huzaifa Asif, M. Imran Khan, Tauheed Shehbaz, Fahd Nawaz Khan, Asim Iltaf and Massab Junaid, Effect of welding current on the microstructure, residual stresses, mechanical properties and nanomechanical behavior of P-TIG welded TiNi binary shape-memory alloy, J Materials: Design and Applications 2022, 1–13.
- Alamgeer Alamgeer, Muhammad Tahir, Mahidur Rahman Sarker, Shabina Ali, Ibraheem Ibraheem, Shahid Hussain, Sajad Ali, Muhammad Imran Khan, Dil Nawaz Khan, Rashid Ali, Suhana Mohd Said, Polyaniline-ZnO Hybrid Nanocomposite: Morphology, spectroscopy and optimization of ZnO concentration for Photovoltaic applications, Polymers 2023, 10;15(2):363
- Syed Hashim Shah, Muhammad Imran Khan, Rida Sarfraz, Rozeen Nazir, Ashraf Ali, Enhanced Supercapacitance of Cobalt Hydroxide Nanowires/Carbon Nanotube Containing Polymer Sponge Layered Composite, Polyaniline. ISSN: 1662-9795, Vol. 778, pp 175-180, Key Engineering Materials, 2018.
- Syed Abbas Raza, Muhammad Imran Khan, Mairaj Ahmad, Danish Tahir, Asim Iltaf and Rida Batool Naqvi, Effect of Nano-Silica Volume Reinforcement on the Microstructure, Mechanical, Phase Distribution and Electrochemical Behavior of Pre-Alloyed Titanium-Nickel (Ti-Ni) Powder, Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 875, pp 60-69, 2021 Trans Tech Publications Ltd, Switzerland.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Improvement in shape memory properties of TiNiPd alloys by quaternary addition of Cu. Abstracts of Japan Institute of Metals Spring Meeting, March-2011, Kyoto University Japan, P 196.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Effect of Cu addition on the properties of TiNiPd alloys for high temperature applications. International conference on martensitic transformation (ICOMAT 2011) Osaka-Japan, P 148.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Effect of thermo-mechanical treatment on the shape memory characteristics of TiNiPdCu high temperature shape memoryalloys. Abstracts of Japan Institute of Metals Fall Meeting 2011, Okinawa, 52-0794.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Effect of thermomechanical treatment on the microstructure of TiNiPdCu high temperature shape memory alloys. Abstracts of Japan Institute of Metals Spring Meeting, March-2012, Yokohama National University, Japan, 193-0152.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Effects of thermomechanical treatment on the high temperature shape memory characteristics of a Ti50Ni20Pd25Cu5 alloy. NIMS Conference 2012, Tsukuba, Japan, A0043.
- M Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. Effect of cold deformation ratio on the precipitation behavior of TiNiPdCu alloys. Abstracts of Japan Institute of Metals Fall Meeting, Eihime University, Matsuyama, Japan, September 2012, 601-0400.
- Masamine Imahashi, M. Imran Khan, Hee Young Kim, Shuichi Miyazaki. The effects of Pd and Cu contents on the shape memory properties of TiNiPdCu alloys. Japan Institute of Metals Spring Meeting, Tokyo University of Science, Tokyo.
- Rizwan M Gul, Tahir I. Khan and M. Imran Khan. Wear Behavior of Radiation Cross-linked Polythylenes, 2nd international conference on: Applications of Traditional and High Performance Materials in Harsh Environments, American University of Sharjah, UAE (2006).
- Rizwan M Gul, M Imran Khan, Adeel Raza. Properties of Radiated Cross linked Poly Ethylene for hip joint applications, International Symposium of advanced materials, 2001, Islamabad
Seminars /Invited Talks Delivered
- Special Seminar delivered at School of Chemical and Materials Engineering (SCME) NUST, Islamabad on the topic of High Temperature Cyclic Stability of High Temperature Shape Memory Alloys. (23 September 2014)
- Delivered a Seminar as a keynote speaker at Conference of Emerging Materials and Processes (CEMP)2015, NUST, Islamabd. Topic of the seminar was Control of Nano-scale Precipitation Behavior by Altering the Cold Deformation Ratio in TiNiPdCu based High Temperature Shape Memory Alloys.
- Invited Speaker in International Conference on Advanced Materials and Emerging Technologies, 2016 (ICAMET) University of Engineering and Technology Lahore
Book Chapter Published in International Book Series
Smart Polymer Nano-composites: Energy Harvesting, Self-Healing and Shape Memory Applications A Brief Overview of Shape Memory Effect in Thermoplastic Polymers: M. Imran Khan, M. M. Zagho, R. A. Shakoor, Springer Book Series on Polymer and Composite Materials 2017.
Funded Research Projects as Principal Investigator (PI)
1. Project Title: Improvement in the cold workability of Titanium-Nickel base smart materials for biomedical and engineering applications.
Cost: Rs.9.36 Million
Duration: Three years (2017-2019)
Funding Agency: Higher Education Commission (HEC) under NRPU scheme
2 . Project Title: Design and fabrication of TiNi Wire Drawing Machine
Cost: Rs.0.725 Million
Duration: two years (2015-2016)
Funding Agency: Directorate of Science and Technology (DoST) KP
• Member Japan institute of metals
• Registered Engineer at Pakistan Engineering Council
Smart Materials for biomedical and engineering applications Research Group
PI: Dr Muhammad Imran Khan
Co-PI: Dr Rashid Ali
1. Engineer Ehtesham ul Haq
2. Engineer Syed Abbass Raza
3. Mairaj Ahmad