Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
Beijing Institute of Technology, China
Thesis Title: The Mechanical properties of nanoparticles contained graphene foam materials and the design of graphene sheet-based nano-clock
Masters Materials & Surface Engineering
National University of Science & Technology (NUST), Pakistan
Thesis Title: Synthesis, characterization and investigation of mechanical and electrical properties of nano-composite of MoS2 and Polystyrene (PS)
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
University of Engineering & Technology,
(UET) Peshawar, Pakistan.
HONORS & AWARDSAWARDS
2021 Distinguished International Student Award by Beijing Institute of Technology, China.
2020 Distinguished International Student Award by Beijing Institute of Technology, China.
2016 Awarded Certificate for Attending Seminar on Engineering Leadrship and Ethics.
2013 National Level Debater Award by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan.
2017-2022 CSC (Chines Scholarship Council) Scholarship for PhD Program.
PUBLICATIONSINTERNATIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Khan, M. B., Wang, C., Wang, S., Chen, S. The mechanical property and micro-mechanism of nanoparticle- contained graphene foam materials under uniaxial tension. 2022, Computational Materials Science, 206,11127 (IF⁓57) [LINK].
- Khan, M. B.; Wang, C.; Wang, S.; Fang, D.; Chen, S., The mechanical property and microscopic deformation mechanism of nanoparticle-contained graphene foam materials under uniaxial compression. Nanotechnology, 2020, 32 (11), 115701. (IF⁓95) [LINK]
- Khan, M. B.; Wang, S.; Wang, C.; Chen, S. Rotation of nanoflake driven by strain gradient fields in locally-indented graphene. Nanotechnology, 2019, 31 (1), 015303. (IF⁓95) [LINK]
- Khan, M. B.; Jan, R.; Habib, A.; Khan, A. N.; Engineering, Evaluating mechanical properties of few layers MoS2 nanosheets-polymer composites. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2017, (IF⁓09) [LINK]
- Aized, T.; Khan, M. B*.; Raza, H.; Ilyas, M., Production routes, electromechanical properties and potential application of layered nanomaterials and 2D nanopolymeric composites—a review. Advanced Manufacturing Technology 2017, 93 (9), 3449-3459. (*corresponding author). (IF⁓56) [LINK]
- Wang, S.; Wang, C.; Khan, M. B.; Chen, S., “Microscopic Mechanism and Main Influencing Factors of Carbon Nanotube Coated Graphene Foam Under Uniaxial Compression. Nanotechnology, 2021 0957-4484. (IF⁓3.95) [LINK]
- Arshad, M. U.; Raza, H.; Khan, M. B.; Hussain, A. , Synthesis of 2D Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2) for enhancement of mechanical and electrical properties of polystyrene (PS) polymer. Polymer Testing, 2020, 90, 106646. (IF⁓93) [LINK]
- Raza, H.; Aized, T.; Khan, M. B.; Imran, M. , Tensile testing of polystyrene graphene 2D nano composite membrane. Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2018, 94 (9), 4343-4349. (IF⁓56) [LINK]
- Mustafa Azeem, Yun, Di, Irfan Jamil, Khan, M. B, Multiscale Modeling of Radiation Damage in Oxide Dispersed Strengthened Steel Alloys: A Perspective Tensile testing of polystyrene graphene 2D nano composite membrane. International Journal of Engineering Works, 2022, 12 (9), 193-201. [Link]
- Akhtar M. Mustafa Azeem, Khan, M. B, Atomistic Insights into the Irradiation Effects in Molybdenum. International Journal of Engineering Works, 2022, 12 (9), 187-192. [Link]
- Khan, M. B., Wang, C., Wang, S., Chen, S. The large deformation behavior and its microscopic mechanism of magnetic NP-contained GrFs under magnetic field. (submitted)
- Qayyum, H; Hussain, G.; Khan, W; Hassan, M; Khan, M.B; Zafar, M Q; Sulaiman, M. Performance evaluation of aircraft wing spar 3D printed in multiple materials and configurations: An experimental and numerical study (Submitted)
- M. Zafar, Khan Muhammad Bilal, Haiyan Zhao. Cyber Security in Manufacturing. WRE 2022 (Accepted)
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONSINTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Khan, M.B., Rahim Jan, A.Habib, “Review of 2D materials and its Applications as composites”, 3rd International Asian conference (APCoMS-3), 27-29 Nov. 2014, SCME, NUST, Pakistan
DOMESTIC CONFERENCES (South Korea)
- Khan, M.B., “Properties and Application of 2D materials and their composites”, Symposium for Nanomaterial’s Research, 15-17 June 2015, in PIEAS, PAEC, Pakistan.
- Khan, M.B., Muhammad Arsalan Khan, Muhammad Alam Zaib Khan. “In‑depth evaluation and analysis of the exhaust emissions of bi-fuel spark ignition engine using design of experiment techniques”, Paper Published in 1st MDSRC National Conference proceedings, held on 14-15 Nov, 2015 in University of Wah, Pakistan.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Invited Talks/Keynote Speeches
- CPD Seminar on “Design of Nano Machinery” on December 28, 2022, at GIK Institute, Swabi, Pakistan.
- Two- Day training on “Implementing Pearson BTEC Level 5 Qualification in Construction” on December1-2, 2015 by Pearson UK.
- Two- Day workshop on “Health, Safety and Environment” on June 1-2, 2022, at DMSE, IST, Islamabad.
- One-day seminar on “Engineering Leadership and Ethics“ on Feb, 18, 2016 at UET, Taxila.
- Life Member, Pakistan Engineering Council (RE)
PhD Students (Co-Supervisor)
Performance Evaluation of Additively Manufactured Auxetic Structures: Anisotropy, Hybridization and Material Effects. .