Dr. Muhammad Asif
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Heat and mass transfer, Gasification, Gas separation, Desalination, IGCC
B. S. Mechanical Engineering
UET Lahore, Pakistan
MSc Mechanical Engineering
Hanyang University, South Korea
Ph.D Mechanical Engineering
Hanyang University, South Korea
PEC, ACS, KSME
Dr. M. Asif has completed his PhD from the Hanyang University South with specialization in thermal engineering. His professional experience is a blend of industry, research and teaching. He worked in industry for three years, worked as a lectures for two years and has five years of research experience. He is working in faculty of mechanical engineering at GIK as an Assistant Professor from 2015. Moreover, he is quite active researcher working with the international community.
- M. Asif, W.-S. Kim, Modelling and simulation of the combined removal of SO2 and CO2 by aqueous ammonia, Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology, 4 (2014) 509-527.
- M. Asif, W.-S. Kim, Numerical study of NOx abatement using ozone injection integrated with wet absorption, Ozone: Science & Engineering, 36, (2014) 472-484.
- M. Asif, C.-u. Bak, W.-S. Kim, Energy minimization and ammonia abatement for CO2 capture using a blend of ammonia and 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol solution, Separation Science and Technology, 50, (2014),10, 1565-1576.
- M. Asif, Y.A.C. Jande, S.M. Shim, W.S. Kim, Energy minimization in monoethanolamine-based CO2capture using capacitive deionization, International Journal of Energy Research, 38 (2014) 1531-1540.
- M. Asif, C.-u. Bak, M.W. Saleem, W.-S. Kim, Performance evaluation of Integrated Gasification Combine Cycle (IGCC) integrated with blended solution of ammonia and AMP, Fuel, 160 (2015), 513-524.
- M. Asif, C.-u. Bak, W.-S. Kim, Experimental study on CO2 capture by chilled ammonia process, Chemical Engineering Journal, 265 (2015) 1-8.
- M. Asif, W.-S. Kim, Process simulation of ammonia-based CO2 capture and regeneration in packed column, International Journal of Global warming, (2015), 8, 3, 401-415.
- M.W. Saleem, Y.A.C. Jande, M. Asif, W.S. Kim, Hybrid CV-CC Operation of capacitive deionization in comparison with constant current and constant voltage, Separation Science and Technology, 51 (2016), 1063-1069.
- Kashif Y, M. Asif, Process simulation and thermodynamic evaluation of integrated gasification combine cycle using low grade coal, International Journal of Renewable Energy Technology, 2016, 7, 1, 83-96.
- M. Asif, H. Aftab, H. A. Syed, M. M. Perwez, M.A. Ali, Simulation of corrugated plate heat exchanger for heat and flow analysis, International Journal of Heat and Technology, 35(1), 2017.
- M. Asif, P. Dong, X. Xi, Catalytic hydrogenation of CO2 from 600 MW supercritical coal power plant to produce methanol: A techno-economic analysis, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, (2018), 43 (5), 2726-2741.
- A. Zaffar, B. Ibrahim, M.A. Sarwar, J.A. Chattha, M. Asif, Optimisation of blade profiles of cross flow turbine, International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion, 2018, 9 (4), 311-326.
- M. Asif, M. Suleman, Ihtishamul Haq, Syed Asad Jamal, Post-Combustion CO2 Capture with chemical absorption and hybrid system: current status and challenges. Greenhouse Gas Sci Technol. 0:1–34 (2018); DOI: 10.1002/ghg
- Hybrid CV-CC Method of Capacitive Deionization for Water Desalination (P20150096OP)
- Capacitive deionization in solvent-based CO2 capture (P20140741OP)
- M. Asif, S.-J. Lee, S.-M. Shim, W.-S. Kim, Numerical study on design parameters of CO2 absorber column using a rate-based dynamic model, in: 7th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics, HEFAT 2010, Antalya,Turkey, 2010.
- M. Asif, S.-M. Shim, W.-S. Kim, Dynamic modeling for predicting thermal behaviors of aqueous ammonia in a CO2 absorption process, in: BIOENERGY, Finland, 2009.
- Y. Kashif, H. Khazar, M. Asif, Thermodynamic Evaluation of IGCC (Integrated Gasification Combine Cycle) Power Plant using Thar Coal, in: IBCAST 2015, IEEE, Islamabad, 2015, pp. 419-427.
- H. Khazar, M. Asif, H.T Ali, H. Ijaz, Fatigue life estimation of large-scale composite wind turbine blades, in: IBCAST 2015, IEEE, Islamabad, 2015, pp. 60-66.
- M. Asif, T.A. Cheema, J.A. Chattha, Performance evaluation of oxygen-blown gasifier, 8th International Renewable Energy Congress (IREC) # 39965, Jordon, 2017 (Paper accepted).
- Syed Asad Jamal, Muhammad Asif, Muhammad Suleman, Thermodynamic analysis of vacuum membrane distillation (VMD) to desalinate sea water using solar energy, Proceedings of SIMEC, 2019, 15-16 March 2019, Karachi, Pakistan, pp. 126-133.