Dr. Khurram completed his doctorate degree in Chemical Engineering from Politecnico di Torino and before this he was working in Pakistan’s leading fertilizers complex, Fatima Fertilizer. His areas of research are CFD modeling of multiphase flows, material synthesis for environmental and water treatment applications and catalytic reaction engineering.
Chemical Engineeirng Thermodynamics, Reaction Engineering, Simulation and Modeling, Separation Process and Transport Phenomena
Impact Factor Journal
- Zeb, S., Hussain, S., Khan, H.A., Ali, Z., Khan, N., Khan, K.I., Ali, F., Khan, S., Sotomayor, M.D.P.T. and Gul, S., 2018. Electrochemical oxidation of acid brown 98 using Ti/Ru0. 3Ti0. 7O2 composite anode. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, pp.9428-9440. doi: 10.20964/2018.10.06 [IF = 1.73]
- Hussain, M., Ansari, S.U., Manzoor, T., Ahmad, A. and Khan, K.I., 2019. Performance analysis of parallel stabilized mixed Galerkin method for three-dimensional transient Darcy flow using mesh reordering techniques. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 176, pp.621-631. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2019.01.045 [IF = 3.706]
- Ullah, S., Hussain, S., Ahmad, W., Khan, H., Khan, K.I., Khan, S.U. and Khan, S., 2020. Desulfurization of model oil through adsorption over activated charcoal and bentonite clay composites. Chemical Engineering & Technology, 43(3), pp.564-573. https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.201900203 [IF = 1.543]
- Abdul Karim, M.R., Ul Haq, E., Hussain, M.A., Khan, K.I., Nadeem, M., Atif, M., Ul Haq, A., Naveed, M. and Alam, M.M., 2020. Experimental evaluation of sustainable geopolymer mortars developed from loam natural soil. Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, 19(6), pp.637-646. https://doi.org/10.1080/13467581.2020.1773829 [IF = 0.7]
- Abdul Karim, M.R., Tahir, D., Hussain, A., Ul Haq, E. and Khan, K.I., 2020. Sodium carbonate treatment of fibres to improve mechanical and water absorption characteristics of short bamboo natural fibres reinforced polyester composite. Plastics, Rubber and Composites, 49(10), pp.425-433. https://doi.org/10.1080/14658011.2020.1768336 [IF = 1.543]
- Karim, M.A., Raza, S.A., Haq, E.U., Khan, K.I., Taimoor, A.A., Khan, M.I., Pavese, M. and Fino, P., 2021. Electrochemical and thermomechanical behavior of nickel–graphene oxide (2-4L GO) nanocomposite coatings. Applied Physics A, 127(3), pp.1-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00339-021-04307-0 [IF = 1.81]
- Alam, K., Khan, K.I., Ullah, A., Ullah, A., Ali, S., Ullah, S., Ali, A. and Hussain, S., 2021. Fabrication of superhydrophillic and graded index antireflective double layer coating for solar photovoltaics module using aerosol impact deposition assembly. Thin Solid Films, 721, p.138518. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2021.138518 [IF = 2.03]
- Hussain, S., Khan, H., Khan, N., Gul, S., Wahab, F., Khan, K.I., Zeb, S., Khan, S., Baddouh, A., Mehdi, S. and Maldonado, A.F., 2021. Process modeling toward higher degradation and minimum energy consumption of an electrochemical decontamination of food dye wastewater. Environmental Technology & Innovation, p.101509. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eti.2021.101509 [IF = 3.356]
- Khan, K.I., 2014. Fluid dynamic modelling of bubble column reactors (Doctoral dissertation, Politecnico di Torino). http://dx.doi.org/10.6092/polito/porto/2528494
- Khan, K. I., Ansari, J. A. and Haider M. H. A. (2014). Comparison of yield of biodiesel from common available raw materials in Pakistan. International Conference on Energy Systems and Policies.
- M. Bilal, K. I. Khan, M. Hussain, H. A. Khan and S. Hussain, “Validation of Kinetic Model of Naphtha Reforming Reactor for Optimization of Process,” 2018 International Conference on Power Generation Systems and Renewable Energy Technologies (PGSRET), Islamabad, Pakistan, 10-12 September, 2018, pp. 1-4. doi: 10.1109/PGSRET.2018.8685952.
- Amna Bashir, Khurram Imran Khan, Sajjad Hussain1, Hammad Amjad Khan. Improvement of water flux through membrane in forward osmosis by comparing and investigating multiple salts draw solutions. 4th International Conference on Sustainability in Process Industries, UET Peshawar, 24th – 25th October 2018.
- Irfan, Khurram Imran Khan, Mian Qasim Irfan, Mirza Ibtisam Baig, Javaid Rabbani Khan, Hammad Amjad Khan. Removal of chromium from tannery waste, 4th International Conference on Sustainability in Process Industries, UET Peshawar, 24th – 25th October 2018.
- Muhammad Bilal, Khurram Imran Khan, Sajjad Hussain, Hammad Amjad Khan. Sustainable removal of arsenic from contaminated drinking water by electrochemical process using iron electrodes. 4th International Conference on Sustainability in Process Industries, UET Peshawar, 24th – 25th October 2018.
- M. R. A. Karim, S. Daniel, E. Ul Haq, A. Ahmad, K. I. Khan, and S. A. Raza, “Improving the Corrosion Resistance of API X56 and API X70 Pipeline Steels by Hot Dip Aluminization,” Key Eng. Mater., vol. 875, pp. 315–321, 2021. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.875.315
- HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
- Higher Education Commission, Pakistan scholarship award for PhD studies