Dr. Fahd’s research interests are primarily in the area of machining of high performance alloys such as Titanium and Nickel alloys. In his PhD, he worked on the bandsawing of these advanced alloys, using un-coated and coated carbide bandsaws. This project was a combination of mechanical and materials engineering.
-PhD, Northumbria University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK. (2011)
-MS, GIK Institute, Topi-Pakistan (2004)
-BS, GIK Institute, Topi-Pakistan (2000)
- F. N. Khan, A. Daadbin et al “Assessing the performance of TiAlSiN coating on Bandsaw tooth when cutting Ti-17 alloy”, Accepted for publication 2012, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Institute of Mechanical Engineers, IMechE.
- F. N. Khan, A. Daadbin et al “Performance of AlTiN coated bandsaw teeth while bandsawing Ti-17 alloy”, Submitted to International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture.
- M. Sarwar, F. N. Khan, A. Daadbin et al “Effect of cutting speed on forces, wear and cutting energy in bandsawing operation when machining Ti-17 alloy”, Irish Manufacturing Council (IMC) Conf, 1st-3rd September 2010, Ireland.
- F. N. Khan, M. Sarwar and M. Persson “Cutting energy and wear in bandsawing operation when cutting Ti-6Al-4V alloy”, 19th International Conference on Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing, Middlesbrough, UK, 6-8 July 2009. 8. Rizwan M Gul , M Imran Khan, Adeel Raza, Properties of Radiated Cross linked Poly Ethylene for hip joint applications, International Symposium of advanced materials, 2001, Islamabad
- M.N. Baig, F.A. Khalid, F.N. Khan, K. Rehman, “Properties and residual stress distribution of plasma sprayed magnesia stabilized zirconia thermal barrier coatings” Ceramics International 40 (2014) 4853–4868