As a student, you require as much information as promising to make good career decisions; and you’ll find over the time that the most inspiring advice often comes from the personal experiences of others. We at the Career Services Office with the help of professionals and alumni share those experiences with you to help you in making future decisions.
We offer seminars and workshops to better prepare you for the challenges in obtaining a graduate position when you finish with your degree and start performing job seeking activities. Our workshops include:
Student Career Support Program is a program planned to be held throughout the year to provide an opportunity to engage both current students and alumni together.
The program is designed to provide particularly final year students with the opportunity to improve their career related skills such as job seeking techniques, CV /cover letter writing, mock interviews etc. The mock interview session will give students the opportunity to be interviewed by winning GIK alumni and be given productive face to face feedback and advices.
Alumni are vital to the success of the program as they are supposed to perform as interviewers. Imagine how pleasing it will be for our current students to genuinely help them practice their interview skills and prepare for their future career. Our alumni involvement will guarantee students enter the rigorous interviews ahead of them with the assurance to succeed.
Benefits for Alumni
• Help current students sharpen their interview skills
• Network with other alumni
• Improve your interviewer skills
• Find potential employees
• Share knowledge and experiences with current students, to assist their transition from university to work
Benefits for Students
• Gain real life interview experience
• Ensure to excel in any interview scenario through the interview workshop
• Develop skills of creating a positive first impression from the moment you greet the interviewer
• Practice answering a wide range of interview questions
• Receive immediate feedback on your interview strengths and weaknesses
• Meet and network with high level professionals (GIK graduates) from the public and private sectors who will act as interviewers in the program
As a corporate trainer, HR specialist or alumni, if you would like to contribute or help us in making our Career Counseling and Student Support Program better; please CONTACT US.