- This event has passed.
The Catalyst GIK Incubator cordially invites you and your students to attend the training sessions to Promote “Entrepreneurship via Establishment & Strengthening of Incubation Centers at Educational Institutions”.
The Catalyst GIK Incubator has arranged two training sessions in the upcoming week. Details of the sessions are given below.
Session on Tuesday 03 January 2023 at 11:00 am by Mr. Sharif Ud Din Khilji will be on ” Taxation for Start-Ups”. During the session, the trainer will discuss:
- A brief intro of tax laws applicable on a start-up
- Income Tax Ordinance, 2001
- Sales tax on supply of goods
- Sales tax on rendering of services
- Federal Excise Duty
- Customs Duty
- Different structures (sole proprietorship, partnership, company) that a startup can adopt for conducting business
- Calculation of income tax liability for each type of structure
- Taxation of sole proprietorship
- Taxation of partnership
- Taxation of company (small company, other than small company)
- Income tax withholding obligations
- Withholding obligation on payment of salaries
- Withholding obligation on payment of rent
- Withholding obligation on other payments (goods, services, contracts)
- Sales tax charging & withholding obligations under different federal & provincial sales tax laws
- Regular tax filing requirements
- Monthly tax filings
- Quarterly tax filings
- Annual Tax filing requirements
- Most efficient tax structure for a start up
- Conversion from one structure to another in a tax efficient manner.
Final-year students and faculty members are encouraged to participate, especially those who are considering starting their own start-ups/companies.